We want to equip every teen with the following “new creation” tools and concepts:
- A solid understanding and love for the Bible, which is the written Word of God, and the ability to study it on their own.
- An accurate view both of their sin and of the mercy of God in removing that sin: Jesus died in their place. The ability to continually preach that good news to themselves.
- An understanding of the importance of loving others well, and the practical skills to do it.
- The ability to share the truth about Christ with others, and a sense of urgency to do so.
- The ability to make wise decisions based upon the Bible's teaching.
To that end, we offer the following opportunities for teens to grow:
Class meets in area 71:17 (Old Sanctuary) from 9:00-10:15 AM. This semester Matt Carter will return us to the Garlands and Chains version 2.0. This upgraded version will have us covering topics like forgiveness, authority, the Sabbath, loving confrontation, and the use of our words.
We meet from 6:00-7:30 PM on Sunday nights. We'll meet in area 71:17 (Old Sanctuary). Our adult men will be sharing teaching responsibility. Sunday nights are low-key, highly relational and interactive.
Each student has been assigned to an adult-led shepherding group. Those groups will meet twice each month, generally at the leaders' homes. Group times will be decided upon and announced by the leaders.
Sr. High Leadership Committee
Meets monthly (usually third Wednesday) from 7:00-9:00 PM on weeks when leadership committee meets Forum will not meet.